Earth Community is a non-profit organization that works with communities new to the internet to develop empowering online resources.
With an estimated 3 billion or more people expected to come online within the next 10 to 20 years, Earth Community focuses on the missing component for people relatively new to the internet – CONTENT.
Earth Community works with local community volunteer leaders from ethnic and grassroots communities under our program called “Wiki for the World” to:
• Set up their own online resources
• Set up community and village websites
• Train-the-trainers in media and citizen journalism skills
• Work in partnership with NGOs to provide internet and hardware support
• Work to build local community news services
• Develop online archives for educational use by communities